ESL Level 6 Spring 2007 Harold Washington College

Welcome to the class blog! This blog belongs to the students of ESL-INTEG Level 6 at Harold Washington College. This is a place for students to publish and share their writing.

Sunday, February 25

The more you know, the less you understand

This saying I think is very similar to a Spanish language said, “Solo se que no se nada” (I just know that I don’t know nothing), by Socrates, the most known Philosopher ancient Greek. Sometimes you could know something, but it’s not enough to know or understand. Never ended. Everyday we have to learn something new. While more you know, more questions are generating in our mind, and after all you will recognize that it’s just a little bit that we know about it. Socrates said, that he doesn’t know anything to understand the universe, and he gave a lesson to the world. Socrates was considerate a most intelligent and said that he doesn’t know, when he was suppose to know. Nobody knows anything. Everyday in our life is a new page, a new world. Everyday we learn something new, no matter how much you know.

When I came to Chicago, I never had imagined that me, a woman who had studied before, could learn more. Actually I still keep on learning more every day and that makes me happy, very much.

Doris Torres

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doris, i really like how you compare that quotion with the one in spanish.. I totally agree with you when you said that every day we learn something new. My grandmy that is 75 years old she says that every day she learn something new. She learn even for us, teenagers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home