ESL Level 6 Spring 2007 Harold Washington College

Welcome to the class blog! This blog belongs to the students of ESL-INTEG Level 6 at Harold Washington College. This is a place for students to publish and share their writing.

Monday, February 19

The more you know the less you understand.

I agree with the quotation. It means the more you know, the more questions you have. When I was young, I wanted to learn more and more. Such as when I first learned a new formula of the math, I would ask myself how formal works, what situation the formula can work and doesn’t. Because I just knew a very base of the formal, I would ask myself questions and learned more things relate to it. Through that processing I would get it. When I grew up, I found out there is a very special closed relationship between knowledge and doubt. For example, a person read many book, so he understand more. At the same time, he asked himself more questions. His desire of solve the questions would become bigger. He was attracted to studying and thinking. He would learn more about theory. When he got the theory completely, the other theories would come out and it is new for him. He would repeat the above process again and again. Knowledge is without limits. If we learn more and seek more the key for the questions we have.

Ziqiu Cao (Carey)

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, because the more you know the more possibilities you have to ask questions. Trhough the questions, you will always understand somethings new different from you own knowledges. Finally, you are on the way of learning. The field of knowledge is so vast as, today nobody can claim he/she has the knowledge in all domaine. We all are biginers. Didi A

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, the thing you know more the thing you want to ask more question to know why. Every day you will learn something new and also learn less thing. Everyone can not learn everything in one or two days and will not ask question about something. No one will know everything, in fact they will learn lot of things.

Teresa Mei

 

Post a Comment

<< Home