ESL Level 6 Spring 2007 Harold Washington College

Welcome to the class blog! This blog belongs to the students of ESL-INTEG Level 6 at Harold Washington College. This is a place for students to publish and share their writing.

Thursday, April 26

Kelly high school vs. Harold Washington College

Jose Grimaldo
4/26/2007
Final draft


Kelly high school vs. Harold Washington College


When you were little your parents always told you that you need to go to college and graduate high school. College is so different from high school my experience in both of those places are so different from each other. I also heard from my soccer coach to wait for college before I make any choose he said I will have the time of my life. I had more fun in Kelly high school then Harold Washington College. Hardy in college is a new life when you heard your name at graduation you knew that your high school life was coming to an end that the second and a new life began. There were a huge different in between Kelly high school and Harold Washington college works. Couple of the most important things differences between Kelly high school and Harold Washington College is freedom, location and spending time with friends

One of the differences are in both of the schools is the freedom they give you. In Kelly High School, you couldn’t leave the classroom without asking first. You need to wear an ID for sectary reasons. When you were absent from school, you need to call the school and let them know or take a note and show the rest of your teachers so they can sign it. At Kelly there was class every single day from 8am to 3pm. On the other hand, at Harold Washington College you could leave any time you felt like it. The student doesn’t have to call or take a note to the teachers. You have class every other day, and you just need to go to school four times a week, but not spent all day there. Although, you just go a couple of time a week, the classes are more demanding.

The second difference is the location of the both schools. Kelly High School was just a couple of blocks away from my home. I didn’t have to take any transportation to get to school, only when I felt lazy to walk there. I would after run into somebody I knew on the way to school. I knew that I could go home any time I want because it wasn’t far. However, Harold Washington college is downtown I have to wait for the train to get there. One of the things that I don’t like is waiting for it in the cold. If it were close to my home, I would just walk there instead of taking the train and waiting. One of the great things I like is coming downtown I like been here because there always somewhere, and you see different people everyday.

The last difference is your friends in Kelly, I used to hang out with my friends after school all the time. Before and after school we hung out by my locker. We all knew each other since our freshman year in the soccer team. A lot of people love to hang out with us because we were doing something new to get everybody attention in the school. We were there for each other all the time for god and though times. On the other hand at Harold Washington College not all of my friends came because they went to a four year university. Moreover, I don’t get to see a lot of my friends that come here because we have different schedules. Some of them that come here they dropped out and gotten a job. It’s harder to meet people in college because it’s a huge school students might start a different time or don’t have class the same day as you.
Therefore, when your parents tell you that you had to go to college and finish high school they don’t know about the life those places have. Some they will have the time of their life in college. To other like my self had to the time of my life in high school. I didn’t care that much about the freedom that I have now. I got spend a lot the time with my friends and I wouldn’t trade that for anything in the world. In high school, you’re going to have those memories about your friends, prom, graduation and other events. When you heard your name has been called in gradation you knew that life was over, but the memories life forever and that is something priceless.

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home